Sunday, November 13, 2005

Mulligan



Wasn't Woody Allen the guy who has that quote...'90% of success is just showing up'? I'm sure the quote has some good applications in life, but probably not so much for surfing. Saturday ended up peaking around 13' @ 16 secs, which is a hair smaller than the big day that Joe and Rob killed it on 10/23.

So I showed up and had a pretty successful paddle out.. but from here it gets a little confusing, for some reason I managed to convince myself that I'd get my share of bombs by hanging on the shoulder. The results of my strategy are well documented in the video... anyway, BIG thanks to AP for waking up at 5:15am and driving down w/ me and to Rob for doing his very best (unsuccessfully) to drag me out to the main peak. Nothing left but to take a mulligan on this one and see you guys out there next time.
JT

5 comments:

Grant Campbell said...

John, best imitation of a buoy I've every seen.

Casa dos Teeples said...

yeah, it was sort of humiliating... they don't look so big in the video

Casa dos Teeples said...

they being the waves...

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for Teeps out there. What I witnessed was a man in deep spiritual meditation - connecting with our seabound brothers under the surface and thinking about his lovely wife. I've seen the guy charge bigger waves than that in his sleep. Just you wait and see . . .

Anonymous said...

next time for sure...