Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The real headline...

Some interesting developments lately. Interesting in that they are the sort of things that really make you stop and think. Turning 40 last week was a trip. On one hand its easy to laugh it off and say, hey I'm young and blah blah, give me another beer, blah blah, let's surf, blah blah. On the other hand, 40 is half way thru life... and thats assuming I'm lucky enough to live to 80. I can't help but feel good about the life I've lived so far... got a decent education, made a contribution in a developing country, lived overseas, career, amazing wife... not bad for a guy from Astoria, Oregon.

Tomorrow baby Teeple will be 22 weeks old, or 5 1/2 months. At this point he (confirmed, it's a boy) is just starting to kick and if I am patient and hold my hand on Ana's belly long enough and if he gives a good strong kick, I can just barely feel it. Ana says she can feel him moving around all the time. His eyes are still sealed shut, but apparently he can now hear 100% of what is happening outside of the womb. He's half way ready to be born. Makes me stop and think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless baby Teeple!