Saturday, August 21, 2010

Home Alone

Ana, Tomas, Mila, and Emilia all left Wednesday, leaving me here to fend for myself for the next 3 weeks. I've been threatening to trim the beach grasses in front of our house for months (Ana has veto'd me every time), so now that she's gone... anyway, sorry Ana. Hey look at it this way, you should consider yourself lucky that this is about as bad as I act out!

So today I got all the basics out of the way, weeded all the gardens, mowed the lawn, etc., and tomorrow I'll start my first major project - roofing the greenhouse. Last winter during the same storm that blew over our fence, our greenhouse roof peeled back like a banana and almost landed over in our next door neighbor's yard. In fact I was up on the ladder trying to secure the greenhouse roof when I heard a loud crash and turned to see the fence go down. Anyway, so tonight I took the first of what will likely be multiple trips to Home Depot for materials, and got thinking about a bunch of other potential projects. At the end of the day, they are all just distractions to keep me from missing what is really important.

No comments: